Do you want to know how to enter latitude and longitude coordinates into Google Maps? Whether you are using the mobile app or desktop version, this guide will help you find any location on the map with just a few clicks. With these instructions, you’ll be able to easily pinpoint any spot on Earth that has been assigned geographical coordinates.
So let’s get started!
What is Latitude and Longitude?
Latitude and longitude are two coordinates that together make up a precise location on the Earth’s surface.
Latitude measures how far north or south of the equator a place is located, while longitude measures how far east or west of the Prime Meridian a place is situated.
With these two coordinates, any point on Earth can be identified and located with great accuracy.
Now, let’s learn how to enter these coordinates to find a specific location on Google Maps.
4 Steps to Enter Latitude and Longitude in Google Maps on Desktop
Step-1: Open Google Maps in your browser on your computer.
Step-2: To locate your destination, simply enter the latitude and longitude in the search box on Google Maps! With this quick step, you can be well on your way towards uncovering new lands.
Step-3: Take, for example, the coordinates 28.6562 Latitude and 77.2410 Longitude as an input. Once you click ‘enter’ or ‘search’, Google Maps will work its magic to provide the necessary information!
Step-4 Once you run your search query, Google Maps will pinpoint the exact location as indicated by its latitude and longitude coordinates. Just click on that pin to get more information about the area – plus directions so you can easily reach it!
With this simple process, you can easily enter your latitude and longitude coordinates into Google Maps to find your exact location.
How to Enter Latitude and Longitude in Google Maps Mobile App?
Entering latitude and longitude coordinates into Google Maps on mobile is just as straightforward as with the desktop version.
Step 1 – Launch the Google Maps mobile app in your mobile device (Android or iOS).
Step 2 – In the search bar, enter your geographical coordinates.
Step 3 – Hit the Search option.
Google will show you the exact location with a pin mark. Tap on pin to view detailed information about that particular location like overview, photos, distance, hotels, local areas, and much more.
Where to Find Latitude and Longitude Coordinates?
Below are some ways you can try to find exact latitude and longitude coordinates and later enter them into Google Maps to discover more details about that particular place.
1. GPS-enabled Devices: Many devices such as phones and tablets are equipped with a built-in GPS chip that can be used to provide accurate latitude and longitude coordinates.
2. Maps Websites and Apps: Popular mapping websites like Google Maps or apps like Mapquest allow you to search for a particular location, which will then display its corresponding set of coordinates.
3. Physical Sources: Topographical maps sometimes feature the exact latitude and longitude coordinates of certain points, so they can also serve as an important source of information in this regard.
4. Online Resources: Various free online resources offer databases listing the geographical coordinates of different locations around the world, such as Geonames or World Gazetteer.
5. Astronomical Observations: Sophisticated astronomical instruments are often used to accurately measure latitudes and longitudes from the perspective of space – useful for more precise scientific applications!
Few Things to Keep in Mind While Using Latitude and Longitude
- It’s essential to be aware of the various formats for writing latitude and longitude.
- When entering geographical coordinates, always input the latitude value before the longitude value.
- If you’re looking to use Google Maps, the coordinates are represented in decimal degrees format – a combination of numbers and decimals.
- Importantly, to ensure your coordinates are accurate, the first number of your latitude must be between -90 and 90, while for longitude this number needs to fall within the range of -180 and 180. If not, the coordinates will be inaccurate, making it difficult to pinpoint a specific location in Google Maps.
Wrapping it Up…
As you can see, there are a number of ways to find and enter latitude and longitude coordinates into Google Maps. Whether it’s through GPS-enabled devices, mapping websites or apps, physical sources like topographical maps, online resources or even astronomical observations – with the right information you’ll be able to quickly pinpoint any location on Earth!
Just remember that accuracy is key when entering geographical coordinates in Google Maps; always input the latitude value before the longitude one and make sure both numbers fall within their respective ranges.
With these tips in mind, your journey towards discovering new lands begins now!